We were a little short on Inspiration Boards this year first due to the demise of polyvore (I’m still crying) and my search to find a replacement and then my epidemic lack of time (much sorries, loves…I have some new plans for next year to hopefully remedy that!), but there were a handful that still got your creative juices flowing!
1. Nikki – Camo Color Story…the runaway fave of the year, with five times the views of the runner up. Dang – y’all love you some camo! :) I loved the way Nikki combined brilliant color with the classic, tough print. Firing it up with red or giving it a dose of sweetener with still-everywhere blush seemed a rather amazing thought to me…and you agreed :)
2. Alicia – Gray & Blush …the first of our Sport Up series that accompanied the Olympics was your fave, as we brought Foxy’s casual take on style into the cool seasons. Contrasting cool shades with warm tones is a color story I always love. Here, blush acted as the yummy shot of warmth that fired up a chill look, accented with an outfit-making pair of earrings.
3. Charlotte – Transitional Florals…hot on the heels of Alicia’s look was one that rocked my world: Char’s paring of a floaty floral wrap dress toughened up with a fab pair of biker boots for a femme-grunge take on style that kept me living.
4. Brandi – Physically Fierce…the second look from the Sport Up series that earned your love, this rendition of Brandi’s sleek graphic skirt+sweatshirt combo was the perfect cataclysm of athleisure and sophistication. Oh so right for oh so many occasions, it just needed a cute pair of boots and a backpack to go from lunch dates to day classes to shopping excursions to movie nights. On-trend themes done in neutrals = style winning!
5. Cathy – Fancy Blouse, Chill Everything Else…the last of the Sport Up series to capture your fashionable hearts was this fun look from Cathy that elevated a relaxed outfit of leggings and sneakers with a formal blouse. Cathy’s version included a glitter-embellished bodysuit; we envisioned it with gardeny, on-trend florals or crisp stripes. You envisioned it as one of your faves. Cheers to your good taste, loves!
And here’s to a fierce 2019! :)
The Inspiration Boards have become one of the most popular features here on diva-fierce.com – which thrills me because I love creating them! As the year winds down, I thought it would be fun to take a look back at the looks that all of you loved best this year, as determined by the number of views. What was capturing your oh so fashionable gaze in 2017?
1. Maryse – Lacy Layers …ok, technically, this post is from 2016. I was still developing the concept then and didn’t do a year-end Top list, but I wanted to recognize it here, as it was one of the most viewed posts for mooooonths after it went up and gets a significant number of hits even now, over a year later.
2. Barbie – Candy & Flowers…I loved the sweet colors and unexpected pop of florals in this accessible and chic look from Barbie. So did you :) It was the runaway favorite of the year, getting nearly double the number of views of any other look.
3.Mckenzie – Denim 70’s…The 70’s has been a massive influence on fashion over the past few years and this re-imagining of Mckenzie’s Americana look embraced it wholeheartedly, with earthy colors, midi lengths and an off-the-shoulder silhouette. It got plenty of love from you, earning the next most popular spot.
4. Becky – Metal & Lace-kicker…nipping at the heels of the Denim 70’s look was one from a very different genre: a play on Becky’s femme-meets-tough-chick ring gear that melded lace pieces with hardware accents. It seems the Fiercenti who frequent diva-fierce love a whole range of styles! And that is so awesome because…me too!
5. We had three looks in nearly a dead heat for the fifth spot:
Natalya - a la Natalya, a glamour-tinged riff on Nattie’s incredible gear,
Naomi – When Tulle Met Stripes, a translation of Nay-nay’s Valentine’s Day ‘shoot look that paired chic tulle with the breezy Parisian vibe of stripes and
Lana – Gypsy Rocker, a casual luxe look that chanelled a bit of Stevie Nicks by way of Lana’s Instagram snap
Your fashion sense rocked in 2017, Fiercenti! Here’s to an equally stylish 2018 :)
Welcome to the place where wrestling & fashion join hands. Inspiration. Reviews. Musings. Retros. FASHION. Covering and craving gear to gowns since 2011. May the Fierce be with you! ;) Peace & Glitter!
Brie: shoe-lover :) fashion-lover and generally glamorous semi-dork
Photos used for criticism and comment under US Copyright Act Section 107.