I love me some flannel in the winter! Stylishness is an always kind of thing , but a girl's gotta be toasty warm, too! Flannel button-downs tick both those boxes. I'm a fan of dressing them up by popping them under a blazer, tucking them into a pencil skirt (lace works especially well), or knot them over a formal maxi dress. Since I've been a collector of flannels for..oh a decade...plus :)...I always have my eye out for ones that expand the genre beyond the basics. Don't get me wrong - I'm always on board for a classic red plaid or black watch! I fill any gaps in my collection there first. But then I start looking for eye candy: straightforward classy neutrals, mouth-watering colors, versatile lengths. Here are a few that have caught my eye this year:
1. Make + Model Flannel Nightshirt via Nordstrom
(OK, this one is described as a "nightshirt", but who cares! Muted red plaid in a fab tunic length that lets you belt it, or let it peek out from under jackets so you can play with proportion - I'm in! Semantics be-danged.
2. Madewell Classic Ex-Boyfriend Shirt in Akiva
3. Madewell Classic Ex-Boyfriend Shirt in Hanna
4. Freeport Flannel by LL Bean in Sapphire
5. Elizabeth & James Rowan Flannel via Nordstrom
6. Rip Curl Nightwatch Flannel via Nordstrom
7. Slightly Fitted Flannel by LL Bean in Black Stewart
With #3 and #7 , be aware that the fit runs small, so you may want to size up one.
Brie (Hi!) More re: me under About. I'm the moving spirit behind this little life-meets-fashion fairy tale world, a world of my non-wrestling-related style musings and loves.