WWE managed to give us a holiday-themed ‘shoot again this year, albeit with a bit of noire twist: yes, there is the usual holiday décor and cute outfits, but this year, the Riott Squad is giving us their best Grinch-impersonation and attempting to make the celebration a bit more …well, riotous :).
Things begin sweetly enough, with Alexa looking appropriately wintery in a layered look comprised of a white tank, black vest, white and black checked button-down and leggings. I love the way she’s styled this: the open cardi lets the textural and graphic play of all the layers shine, while the belt keeps everything tidy and adds needed definition at her waist. She takes this look from “any ol’ weekend” to holidays status with her gorgeous shimmery eye make-up. The glittering silver-blue looks incredible on her! We’ve seen her reach for it a number of times and its always on point. She warms it up with a wash of blush at the outer corners that ties in perfectly with the pink tones in her hair and her rosy lip shade. I’m so here for this, head to toe!
Mickie slayed in an ivory off-the-shoulder sweater, paired with burgundy velvet shorts. I adore this combo – its on-trend, luxe and sexy all at once! I’m firmly on the fence, though, about her leg warmers. There are definite waves being made about a comeback for them and I kind of think they’re best left in the 80’s. However, here, the Fair Isle pattern adds a nice touch of contrast and they serve to carry the ivory color through the outfit, echoing Mickie’s sweater nicely before she rounds out the look with another touch of burgundy via her suede ankle boots. Let’s say that I might have preferred ivory over-the-knee socks, but I can live with this, especially since they don’t negate the incredible fashion statement of the top two pieces in the least. Nicely done, Mickie!
2018 brought us one runaway winner and one nail biter of a race that was won by only two votes. Whose work were you loving this year? The winners are:
Wishing you all happiness, dreams-come-true, tons of amazing fashion and a boatload of killer style moments in 2019!
We were a little short on Inspiration Boards this year first due to the demise of polyvore (I’m still crying) and my search to find a replacement and then my epidemic lack of time (much sorries, loves…I have some new plans for next year to hopefully remedy that!), but there were a handful that still got your creative juices flowing!
1. Nikki – Camo Color Story…the runaway fave of the year, with five times the views of the runner up. Dang – y’all love you some camo! :) I loved the way Nikki combined brilliant color with the classic, tough print. Firing it up with red or giving it a dose of sweetener with still-everywhere blush seemed a rather amazing thought to me…and you agreed :)
2. Alicia – Gray & Blush …the first of our Sport Up series that accompanied the Olympics was your fave, as we brought Foxy’s casual take on style into the cool seasons. Contrasting cool shades with warm tones is a color story I always love. Here, blush acted as the yummy shot of warmth that fired up a chill look, accented with an outfit-making pair of earrings.
3. Charlotte – Transitional Florals…hot on the heels of Alicia’s look was one that rocked my world: Char’s paring of a floaty floral wrap dress toughened up with a fab pair of biker boots for a femme-grunge take on style that kept me living.
4. Brandi – Physically Fierce…the second look from the Sport Up series that earned your love, this rendition of Brandi’s sleek graphic skirt+sweatshirt combo was the perfect cataclysm of athleisure and sophistication. Oh so right for oh so many occasions, it just needed a cute pair of boots and a backpack to go from lunch dates to day classes to shopping excursions to movie nights. On-trend themes done in neutrals = style winning!
5. Cathy – Fancy Blouse, Chill Everything Else…the last of the Sport Up series to capture your fashionable hearts was this fun look from Cathy that elevated a relaxed outfit of leggings and sneakers with a formal blouse. Cathy’s version included a glitter-embellished bodysuit; we envisioned it with gardeny, on-trend florals or crisp stripes. You envisioned it as one of your faves. Cheers to your good taste, loves!
And here’s to a fierce 2019! :)
The fashion photoshoot is mostly no longer a thing among the Lady Superstars (and I will fight that til time’s end! :)), but there were just enough themed ‘shoots for us to scrounge up some fabulous ones for this year’s Silver Snap Awards (phew :)). What did we love at Diva-Fierce? (And, all-importantly, ..why did we love said ‘shoots):
WELCOME to New York, Scarlett! One of the KOs newest recruits, Ms. Bordeaux abso won my heart with this sizzler of a ‘shoot. First, the backdrop is YELLOW. So, like it literally needs nothing else for me to be in :). But she doesn’t stop there: she serves up an outfit with the kind of fashionista bona fides I’d just about given up on seeing from the KOs, given their historic penchant for sexy-kitschy sets. She pairs a hardware-embellished leather pencil skirt with a simple black tee and adds a shot of glam with a long, slim crystal statement necklace that breaks up the black monochrome perfectly. He doesn’t segue into 2010’s grunge-glam though. Instead, she adds a mod and totally fun checked newsboy cap that gives the look a cheeky chic. She enhances that vibe with the serious slayage of her studded ankle boots (omg gimme gimme!) and her coordinating spiked mini tote. Bright scarlet (what else? :)) lips add a jolt of color that looks amazing against the neutrals and yellow. She then proceeds with the coup de grace: a scintillating run of editorial-worthy poses, ranging from a flirty cap-tip to Gwen-Stefanie-esque lounging against the wall to a more classic print-model’s stance – all done with undeniable-competence and devotee-making attitude. brb..keeling over now. Clue officially gifted: it was Ms. Scarlett, in New York, with the studded boots that did me in.
Welcome to the place where wrestling & fashion join hands. Inspiration. Reviews. Musings. Retros. FASHION. Covering and craving gear to gowns since 2011. May the Fierce be with you! ;) Peace & Glitter!
Brie: shoe-lover :) fashion-lover and generally glamorous semi-dork
Photos used for criticism and comment under US Copyright Act Section 107.