I’m deep in feels over the Bellas announcing their retirement from in-ring competition late last month. I watched their debut matches and the highlight moments of their early use of Twin Magic, so I’ve been a fan pretty much their entire career. I was just as sad when they announced their first hiatus from the company in 2011, and ecstatic when they came back. I’ve enjoyed every bit of their time in WWE - especially their fashion! :) While we’ll likely continue to be privy to their stellar street fashion (thank goodness! #SilverLining) - which we'll continue to cover! -, and there are rumors that Nikki will likely be offered a company ambassadorship, ring gear galleries will be a bit duller without their always envelope-pushing contributions. Sigh. Best of luck in all that you do in the future, Ladies! I'll miss you - again :) XO
We’re dipping back to Nikki and Brie’s Fall 2018 Cosmopolitan ‘shoot to snag a little inspiration from a color combo that’s been strengthening in the fashion world over the last few months: red and pink! There’s nothing subtle about this blazing pairing, but there’s plenty of fun :). Nikki’s cropped, lace-up sweatshirt gives this look a sporty twist. While she added leather pants for a super-fierce look, the same vibe can be achieved with colored denim, chinos or suiting pants. Give a nod to athleisure by topping them with a tank top, raglan-sleeved sweater or full-on sweatshirt ( I especially love the contrast of a casual sweatshirt with more formal suiting pants!). If temps are still chilly in your neck of the woods/plains/mountains/bodies of water, top the look with a bomber jacket or blazer. Keep the look fierce by completing it with pointy-toe heels and add gold hoop earrings a la Nikki. I’ve kept the color story front and center by staying with a single two-tone pallet, but softening the vibrant statement of this combo by adding a neutral heel and jacket is totally allowed. Black is your obvi bff, but don’t forget about gray shades, that provide gentler contrast, or beige and khaki hues that echo the warmth of the red and pink.
Fashion’s initial forays into this pairing centered on orange-reds with blue-pinks, but orange-pinks and coral tones can be employed as well! Pair them with center-tone, classic reds (think strawberry and apple shades) or burgundies. Adding a on-trend mule gives a simple dress a 70’s nod, while a block-heeled slide gives it a nostalgic-meets-now 90’s twist. Bold gold earrings of any geometric shape provide the perfect exclamation point to the look.
I spent a ton of time last summer loving the pairing of basic tees with more formal skirts – it became and remains a trademark combo in my wardrobe! That idea lends itself flawlessly to a strong color story, like this one: top a streamlined pencil skirt with a minimalist tee to echo Nikki’s sporty-meets-trendy vibe. Finish the look with of-the-moment sneakers to cement the athletic statement. Alternatively, you can never go wrong with a classic ballet flat. Choose a pointy toe for a clean, crisp look or a rubber-soled pair that ties in with the laidback feel of the tee.
Happy styling, loves!
When you think you have it tough, life almost always manages to get tougher…and mine has. I love you all for sticking with me! I’ll be doing the best I can with content in the days ahead and I promise to try to get some Wrestlemania coverage up for you. With gratitude, Brie
WWE managed to give us a holiday-themed ‘shoot again this year, albeit with a bit of noire twist: yes, there is the usual holiday décor and cute outfits, but this year, the Riott Squad is giving us their best Grinch-impersonation and attempting to make the celebration a bit more …well, riotous :).
Things begin sweetly enough, with Alexa looking appropriately wintery in a layered look comprised of a white tank, black vest, white and black checked button-down and leggings. I love the way she’s styled this: the open cardi lets the textural and graphic play of all the layers shine, while the belt keeps everything tidy and adds needed definition at her waist. She takes this look from “any ol’ weekend” to holidays status with her gorgeous shimmery eye make-up. The glittering silver-blue looks incredible on her! We’ve seen her reach for it a number of times and its always on point. She warms it up with a wash of blush at the outer corners that ties in perfectly with the pink tones in her hair and her rosy lip shade. I’m so here for this, head to toe!
Mickie slayed in an ivory off-the-shoulder sweater, paired with burgundy velvet shorts. I adore this combo – its on-trend, luxe and sexy all at once! I’m firmly on the fence, though, about her leg warmers. There are definite waves being made about a comeback for them and I kind of think they’re best left in the 80’s. However, here, the Fair Isle pattern adds a nice touch of contrast and they serve to carry the ivory color through the outfit, echoing Mickie’s sweater nicely before she rounds out the look with another touch of burgundy via her suede ankle boots. Let’s say that I might have preferred ivory over-the-knee socks, but I can live with this, especially since they don’t negate the incredible fashion statement of the top two pieces in the least. Nicely done, Mickie!
2018 brought us one runaway winner and one nail biter of a race that was won by only two votes. Whose work were you loving this year? The winners are:
Wishing you all happiness, dreams-come-true, tons of amazing fashion and a boatload of killer style moments in 2019!
We were a little short on Inspiration Boards this year first due to the demise of polyvore (I’m still crying) and my search to find a replacement and then my epidemic lack of time (much sorries, loves…I have some new plans for next year to hopefully remedy that!), but there were a handful that still got your creative juices flowing!
1. Nikki – Camo Color Story…the runaway fave of the year, with five times the views of the runner up. Dang – y’all love you some camo! :) I loved the way Nikki combined brilliant color with the classic, tough print. Firing it up with red or giving it a dose of sweetener with still-everywhere blush seemed a rather amazing thought to me…and you agreed :)
2. Alicia – Gray & Blush …the first of our Sport Up series that accompanied the Olympics was your fave, as we brought Foxy’s casual take on style into the cool seasons. Contrasting cool shades with warm tones is a color story I always love. Here, blush acted as the yummy shot of warmth that fired up a chill look, accented with an outfit-making pair of earrings.
3. Charlotte – Transitional Florals…hot on the heels of Alicia’s look was one that rocked my world: Char’s paring of a floaty floral wrap dress toughened up with a fab pair of biker boots for a femme-grunge take on style that kept me living.
4. Brandi – Physically Fierce…the second look from the Sport Up series that earned your love, this rendition of Brandi’s sleek graphic skirt+sweatshirt combo was the perfect cataclysm of athleisure and sophistication. Oh so right for oh so many occasions, it just needed a cute pair of boots and a backpack to go from lunch dates to day classes to shopping excursions to movie nights. On-trend themes done in neutrals = style winning!
5. Cathy – Fancy Blouse, Chill Everything Else…the last of the Sport Up series to capture your fashionable hearts was this fun look from Cathy that elevated a relaxed outfit of leggings and sneakers with a formal blouse. Cathy’s version included a glitter-embellished bodysuit; we envisioned it with gardeny, on-trend florals or crisp stripes. You envisioned it as one of your faves. Cheers to your good taste, loves!
And here’s to a fierce 2019! :)
The fashion photoshoot is mostly no longer a thing among the Lady Superstars (and I will fight that til time’s end! :)), but there were just enough themed ‘shoots for us to scrounge up some fabulous ones for this year’s Silver Snap Awards (phew :)). What did we love at Diva-Fierce? (And, all-importantly, ..why did we love said ‘shoots):
Welcome to the place where wrestling & fashion join hands. Inspiration. Reviews. Musings. Retros. FASHION. Covering and craving gear to gowns since 2011. May the Fierce be with you! ;) Peace & Glitter!
Brie: shoe-lover :) fashion-lover and generally glamorous semi-dork
Photos used for criticism and comment under US Copyright Act Section 107.