2018 brought us one runaway winner and one nail biter of a race that was won by only two votes. Whose work were you loving this year? The winners are:
Wishing you all happiness, dreams-come-true, tons of amazing fashion and a boatload of killer style moments in 2019!
We were a little short on Inspiration Boards this year first due to the demise of polyvore (I’m still crying) and my search to find a replacement and then my epidemic lack of time (much sorries, loves…I have some new plans for next year to hopefully remedy that!), but there were a handful that still got your creative juices flowing!
1. Nikki – Camo Color Story…the runaway fave of the year, with five times the views of the runner up. Dang – y’all love you some camo! :) I loved the way Nikki combined brilliant color with the classic, tough print. Firing it up with red or giving it a dose of sweetener with still-everywhere blush seemed a rather amazing thought to me…and you agreed :)
2. Alicia – Gray & Blush …the first of our Sport Up series that accompanied the Olympics was your fave, as we brought Foxy’s casual take on style into the cool seasons. Contrasting cool shades with warm tones is a color story I always love. Here, blush acted as the yummy shot of warmth that fired up a chill look, accented with an outfit-making pair of earrings.
3. Charlotte – Transitional Florals…hot on the heels of Alicia’s look was one that rocked my world: Char’s paring of a floaty floral wrap dress toughened up with a fab pair of biker boots for a femme-grunge take on style that kept me living.
4. Brandi – Physically Fierce…the second look from the Sport Up series that earned your love, this rendition of Brandi’s sleek graphic skirt+sweatshirt combo was the perfect cataclysm of athleisure and sophistication. Oh so right for oh so many occasions, it just needed a cute pair of boots and a backpack to go from lunch dates to day classes to shopping excursions to movie nights. On-trend themes done in neutrals = style winning!
5. Cathy – Fancy Blouse, Chill Everything Else…the last of the Sport Up series to capture your fashionable hearts was this fun look from Cathy that elevated a relaxed outfit of leggings and sneakers with a formal blouse. Cathy’s version included a glitter-embellished bodysuit; we envisioned it with gardeny, on-trend florals or crisp stripes. You envisioned it as one of your faves. Cheers to your good taste, loves!
And here’s to a fierce 2019! :)
The fashion photoshoot is mostly no longer a thing among the Lady Superstars (and I will fight that til time’s end! :)), but there were just enough themed ‘shoots for us to scrounge up some fabulous ones for this year’s Silver Snap Awards (phew :)). What did we love at Diva-Fierce? (And, all-importantly, ..why did we love said ‘shoots):
WELCOME to New York, Scarlett! One of the KOs newest recruits, Ms. Bordeaux abso won my heart with this sizzler of a ‘shoot. First, the backdrop is YELLOW. So, like it literally needs nothing else for me to be in :). But she doesn’t stop there: she serves up an outfit with the kind of fashionista bona fides I’d just about given up on seeing from the KOs, given their historic penchant for sexy-kitschy sets. She pairs a hardware-embellished leather pencil skirt with a simple black tee and adds a shot of glam with a long, slim crystal statement necklace that breaks up the black monochrome perfectly. He doesn’t segue into 2010’s grunge-glam though. Instead, she adds a mod and totally fun checked newsboy cap that gives the look a cheeky chic. She enhances that vibe with the serious slayage of her studded ankle boots (omg gimme gimme!) and her coordinating spiked mini tote. Bright scarlet (what else? :)) lips add a jolt of color that looks amazing against the neutrals and yellow. She then proceeds with the coup de grace: a scintillating run of editorial-worthy poses, ranging from a flirty cap-tip to Gwen-Stefanie-esque lounging against the wall to a more classic print-model’s stance – all done with undeniable-competence and devotee-making attitude. brb..keeling over now. Clue officially gifted: it was Ms. Scarlett, in New York, with the studded boots that did me in.
I am reaching back to summer for this ‘shoot because it was so mind-blowing and such a year highlight that I *need* to cover it! My deepest apols for being so far behind, but if you haven’t seen this ‘shoot from Charlotte, you simply can’t go on existing without taking a gander. And if you have seen it, I hope you enjoy it one more time :). I’ll be posting a few other sets this weekend as well because yes, we will be doing the Silver Snaps this year (really!)..and maybe a few other fun surprises as well, depending on my all-too-rare free time.
Charlotte represented the Lady Superstars in this year’s edition of the ESPN Body issue and made serious waves while doing so! As per the theme for the ‘shoot, she was photographed au naturel in the venue of her sport. While I hesitate to call a nude photoshoot classy, these snaps were done in a super-creative way that preserves the edgy vibe while not over-sharing. There’s no doubt Char has one of the most amazing bodies in the business, but these snaps manage to go beyond the simple highlighting of the beauty of the human body and capture her flexibility, strength and athleticism. Her facials are flawless: serious, determined, authentic, and they’re highlighted by her barely-there make-up, which creates a stripped-down vibe that makes it feel as if you’re truly seeing the person and not the character. The ‘shoot comes off raw and artistic, far more than sensual, though it has an element of that as well. Her long flowing hair and the misty lighting give a hint of softness that balances her stern expressions and chiseled body. The Lady Superstars have worked hard to separate themselves from the fluffy, eye-candy aspects of Divadom and to show themselves as genuine athletes. Charlotte succeeds brilliantly in conveying that here, despite the sexy premise of the ‘shoot. In theory, this type of set should not be my cup of tea, but I’m in for it. Stellar work, Char!
Welcome to the place where wrestling & fashion join hands. Inspiration. Reviews. Musings. Retros. FASHION. Covering and craving gear to gowns since 2011. May the Fierce be with you! ;) Peace & Glitter!
Brie: shoe-lover :) fashion-lover and generally glamorous semi-dork
Photos used for criticism and comment under US Copyright Act Section 107.