We were a little short on Inspiration Boards this year first due to the demise of polyvore (I’m still crying) and my search to find a replacement and then my epidemic lack of time (much sorries, loves…I have some new plans for next year to hopefully remedy that!), but there were a handful that still got your creative juices flowing!
1. Nikki – Camo Color Story…the runaway fave of the year, with five times the views of the runner up. Dang – y’all love you some camo! :) I loved the way Nikki combined brilliant color with the classic, tough print. Firing it up with red or giving it a dose of sweetener with still-everywhere blush seemed a rather amazing thought to me…and you agreed :)
2. Alicia – Gray & Blush …the first of our Sport Up series that accompanied the Olympics was your fave, as we brought Foxy’s casual take on style into the cool seasons. Contrasting cool shades with warm tones is a color story I always love. Here, blush acted as the yummy shot of warmth that fired up a chill look, accented with an outfit-making pair of earrings.
3. Charlotte – Transitional Florals…hot on the heels of Alicia’s look was one that rocked my world: Char’s paring of a floaty floral wrap dress toughened up with a fab pair of biker boots for a femme-grunge take on style that kept me living.
4. Brandi – Physically Fierce…the second look from the Sport Up series that earned your love, this rendition of Brandi’s sleek graphic skirt+sweatshirt combo was the perfect cataclysm of athleisure and sophistication. Oh so right for oh so many occasions, it just needed a cute pair of boots and a backpack to go from lunch dates to day classes to shopping excursions to movie nights. On-trend themes done in neutrals = style winning!
5. Cathy – Fancy Blouse, Chill Everything Else…the last of the Sport Up series to capture your fashionable hearts was this fun look from Cathy that elevated a relaxed outfit of leggings and sneakers with a formal blouse. Cathy’s version included a glitter-embellished bodysuit; we envisioned it with gardeny, on-trend florals or crisp stripes. You envisioned it as one of your faves. Cheers to your good taste, loves!
And here’s to a fierce 2019! :)
Welcome to the place where wrestling & fashion join hands. Inspiration. Reviews. Musings. Retros. FASHION. Covering and craving gear to gowns since 2011. May the Fierce be with you! ;) Peace & Glitter!
Brie: shoe-lover :) fashion-lover and generally glamorous semi-dork
Photos used for criticism and comment under US Copyright Act Section 107.