2018 brought us one runaway winner and one nail biter of a race that was won by only two votes. Whose work were you loving this year? The winners are:
We were a little short on Inspiration Boards this year first due to the demise of polyvore (I’m still crying) and my search to find a replacement and then my epidemic lack of time (much sorries, loves…I have some new plans for next year to hopefully remedy that!), but there were a handful that still got your creative juices flowing!
1. Nikki – Camo Color Story…the runaway fave of the year, with five times the views of the runner up. Dang – y’all love you some camo! :) I loved the way Nikki combined brilliant color with the classic, tough print. Firing it up with red or giving it a dose of sweetener with still-everywhere blush seemed a rather amazing thought to me…and you agreed :)
2. Alicia – Gray & Blush …the first of our Sport Up series that accompanied the Olympics was your fave, as we brought Foxy’s casual take on style into the cool seasons. Contrasting cool shades with warm tones is a color story I always love. Here, blush acted as the yummy shot of warmth that fired up a chill look, accented with an outfit-making pair of earrings.
3. Charlotte – Transitional Florals…hot on the heels of Alicia’s look was one that rocked my world: Char’s paring of a floaty floral wrap dress toughened up with a fab pair of biker boots for a femme-grunge take on style that kept me living.
4. Brandi – Physically Fierce…the second look from the Sport Up series that earned your love, this rendition of Brandi’s sleek graphic skirt+sweatshirt combo was the perfect cataclysm of athleisure and sophistication. Oh so right for oh so many occasions, it just needed a cute pair of boots and a backpack to go from lunch dates to day classes to shopping excursions to movie nights. On-trend themes done in neutrals = style winning!
5. Cathy – Fancy Blouse, Chill Everything Else…the last of the Sport Up series to capture your fashionable hearts was this fun look from Cathy that elevated a relaxed outfit of leggings and sneakers with a formal blouse. Cathy’s version included a glitter-embellished bodysuit; we envisioned it with gardeny, on-trend florals or crisp stripes. You envisioned it as one of your faves. Cheers to your good taste, loves!
And here’s to a fierce 2019! :)
The fashion photoshoot is mostly no longer a thing among the Lady Superstars (and I will fight that til time’s end! :)), but there were just enough themed ‘shoots for us to scrounge up some fabulous ones for this year’s Silver Snap Awards (phew :)). What did we love at Diva-Fierce? (And, all-importantly, ..why did we love said ‘shoots):
I am reaching back to summer for this ‘shoot because it was so mind-blowing and such a year highlight that I *need* to cover it! My deepest apols for being so far behind, but if you haven’t seen this ‘shoot from Charlotte, you simply can’t go on existing without taking a gander. And if you have seen it, I hope you enjoy it one more time :). I’ll be posting a few other sets this weekend as well because yes, we will be doing the Silver Snaps this year (really!)..and maybe a few other fun surprises as well, depending on my all-too-rare free time.
Charlotte represented the Lady Superstars in this year’s edition of the ESPN Body issue and made serious waves while doing so! As per the theme for the ‘shoot, she was photographed au naturel in the venue of her sport. While I hesitate to call a nude photoshoot classy, these snaps were done in a super-creative way that preserves the edgy vibe while not over-sharing. There’s no doubt Char has one of the most amazing bodies in the business, but these snaps manage to go beyond the simple highlighting of the beauty of the human body and capture her flexibility, strength and athleticism. Her facials are flawless: serious, determined, authentic, and they’re highlighted by her barely-there make-up, which creates a stripped-down vibe that makes it feel as if you’re truly seeing the person and not the character. The ‘shoot comes off raw and artistic, far more than sensual, though it has an element of that as well. Her long flowing hair and the misty lighting give a hint of softness that balances her stern expressions and chiseled body. The Lady Superstars have worked hard to separate themselves from the fluffy, eye-candy aspects of Divadom and to show themselves as genuine athletes. Charlotte succeeds brilliantly in conveying that here, despite the sexy premise of the ‘shoot. In theory, this type of set should not be my cup of tea, but I’m in for it. Stellar work, Char!
Are you ready to be your favorite Lady Superstar? Bringin’ back a former fave feature for a little inspo from Diva-Fierce on how to be her for Halloween!
Want to metamorphosize into Naomi? Grab your neon-est of neon workout wear. Her top colors are bright pink, glowing orange and highlighter lime, but we’ve seen her rock some turquoise and multi-hued looks as well. Finish with bright, fab sneakers and def do not forget about the beauty side of things! Sparkling neon nails and totally fierce eyeshadow are absolute musts! Lastly, you can’t possibly be Naomi without unlocking your own mystical GLOW, so set it free, babes!
WWE created one of their lately quite rare photoshoot opportunities for the Lady Superstars concurrent with the 1000th episode of Smackdown. The theme? Smackdown tees. Novel? Not so much. Slayable? Abso. The pull toward blandness is understandable, though: add a pair of pants and ta-da: you’re done. It’s so simple…maybe a little too simple for anyone who considers these activities not as art or expression but as a not especially interesting aspect of the game. Consequently, I can’t help but give a few more XO's to the ladies who put in extra effort to switch things up.
Billie Kay and Peyton each tossed a t-shirt over their ring gear, with Billie going for blue and Peyton for black. Their saving grace is their pose, one of their interesting and unique two-for stances. Billie also scores and extra point for her bright red lip that gives her look a bit of pop. I’m not sure how Charlotte managed to turn her tee into a cutout mockneck piece, but whatever forces she used, I’m down for them. She threw an on-trend sporty spin into her look by adding striped track pants. Her pose drips attitude and I’m here for that. Though not groundbreaking, the snap is 100% solid. Becky and Zelina chose the same leather leggings and were saved from the dread fashion sin of wearing the same look by Zelina opting to make her top a cropped silhouette. Her look works well and her pose is competent . I would have loved to see her chose a punchier lip shade to add a real exclamation point to the outfit. Beckys’s super simple tee needed the impact of the leather leggings to save it from yawnsville. Irl, the success of this look would come down to shoe choice. We don’t get the chance to see Becky’s choice, so I’m just going to imagine she went with some fab pair of boots or sneakers. I won’t dare go so far as wishing for blue suede pointy pumps ;). I’m wild over her hair and make-up here – these nude and peach shades are flawless for her and the soft volume in her hair is crave-worthy!
WWE recently released a photo gallery showcasing some of the most dominant duos in sports entertainment. Naturally, they included my favorite pair: LayCool, and coincidentally also one of my favorites snaps of the devious ladies (I had nothing to do with this, I swear!). This fabulous wordy white tank paired with black shorts is from one of their series of Famous & Flawless ‘shoots. We just don’t get moments like this nowadays *nostalgic sigh*. I love what the ladies are doing now, but I miss the fashion-high of those days. Can’t lie. The ‘shoot was so well put together, with fantastic style (crystal-covered belts added a shot of glam to this chill look) and gorgeous, fierce poses. Even against the simple black backdrop, this set had such a powerful effect! Mickie is an established queen of the ring these days, but back when she debuted, she was best known as Trish Stratus’ biggest fan, eventually earning her place as Trish’s tag partner. With the significant skills of both ladies, they became a serious force in the Divas’ division in no time! Trish’s girl-next-door vibes perfectly matched Mickie’s Americana-hottie looks, making for sexy, effervescent photoshoots and in-ring moments.
Welcome to the place where wrestling & fashion join hands. Inspiration. Reviews. Musings. Retros. FASHION. Covering and craving gear to gowns since 2011. May the Fierce be with you! ;) Peace & Glitter!
Brie: shoe-lover :) fashion-lover and generally glamorous semi-dork
Photos used for criticism and comment under US Copyright Act Section 107.