One of the colors making waves in fashion atm is lilac, a gorgeous shade of pastel blue-purple! I’ve actually been waiting for it to have its fashion moment ever since 2011 when Mila Kunis stunned at the Oscars wearing an ethereal gown in the color. It’s taken all this time, but with the incoming pastel trend, it appears that lilac is finally about to have the spotlight :). That’s a fantastic happening in my book because I adore the color and lament that it’s so hard to find – I collect bits of it whenever I can! Lilac is dreamy and sweet, but the blue tones keep it cooler in feel than blush. It works fabulously with other pastels (ice pink, powder blue, soft banana, lime), as well as most neutrals. While it plays wonderfully against black, one of my favorite dark tones to mix with it is navy because the blue tones complement each other and create a very chic vibe. Its femininity makes it work as a playful counterpoint to polka dots and stripes. I also love lilac as an accessory shade – it lightens and uplifts charcoals and other deep tones, adds a cool sweetness to pale beige, brightens taupe hues and complements cerulean, aqua, peach, coral and daffodil. Touches of it also bring a spring vibe to transitional looks that incorporate deep violet, grape and plum hues. All of these wonderful attributes led me to go searching for a pair of lilac shoes to add to my current collection. If you too are craving a pair of lilac lovelies for your feet, behold the results of my search ;):
1. Frostbite Sandal by Nine West ( I love that these are lilac leather, instead of suede!)
2. Downstage Ruffled Flat x Seychelles via Zappos (whew.. is it tough to find pretty flats in this color rn!)
3. Harlow Pump x Sam Edelman via DSW
4. Camylla Sandal x Vince Camuto via DSW
5. Kaos 2.0 x Wilson via Zappos
6. Dizzy Slingback x Steve Madden via Dillards
7. Stephanie Sneakers x Aldo via Dillards (I'm not a huuuge sneaker gal, but omg how cute are these?!)
8. Stecy x Steve Madden via Dillards (the wider-strapped Carrson also comes in lilac, if you prefer a chunky heel)
9. Hazel Pump x Sam Edelman via Dillards (I can’t recommend these pumps highly enough! They’re well-made and super-comfortable and I’ve been in a pitched battle with my wallet over whether or not to buy one in every color ever since I got my first pair. See my full review here). If you want a slightly lower priced alternate, check out the Tatiana by Nine West.
Happy hunting! XO
Brie (Hi!) More re: me under About. I'm the moving spirit behind this little life-meets-fashion fairy tale world, the home of my non-wrestling-related style musings and loves.